[stunnel-users] SSLv3 not working with version 5.06
Francois Pires
2016-05-06 09:16:39 UTC
Hi all,

We need use of sslv3 but with debian Jessie package version 5.06 this is
not working.

I have add options -NO_SSLv3 still same.

Can you check if my configuration is good and if you have any idea to
have sslv3 working with this verison.

# stunnel.conf

syslog = no

cert = /etc/ssl/certs/test.crt.pem
key = /etc/ssl/private/test.key.pem
CAfile = /etc/ssl/certs/test.ca-bundle

# Protocol version (all, SSLv2, SSLv3, TLSv1)
sslVersion = all
options = -NO_SSLv3
ciphers = AES256-SHA
#ciphers = ***@STRENGTH:***@STRENGTH:HIGH:!RC4:!MD5:!DES:!aNULL:!eNULL

# Some debugging stuff useful for troubleshooting
debug = 7
output = /stunnel.log

# Debian and Ubuntu chroot config
chroot = /var/lib/stunnel4/
setuid = stunnel4
setgid = stunnel4
pid = /stunnel4.pid

# Some performance tunings
socket = l:TCP_NODELAY=1
socket = r:TCP_NODELAY=1
socket = l:SO_KEEPALIVE=1
socket = r:SO_KEEPALIVE=1

[test]
accept = 11443
connect = 127.0.0.1:11444

# stunnel log with openssl test
SSL_accept: 14076102: error:14076102:SSL
routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:unsupported protocol

openssl s_client -connect 127.0.0.1:11443 -ssl3
CONNECTED(00000003)
write:errno=104
---
no peer certificate available
---
No client certificate CA names sent
---
---
New, (NONE), Cipher is (NONE)
Secure Renegotiation IS NOT supported
Compression: NONE
Expansion: NONE
SSL-Session:
Protocol : SSLv3
Cipher : 0000
Session-ID:
Session-ID-ctx:
Master-Key:
Key-Arg : None
PSK identity: None
PSK identity hint: None
SRP username: None
Start Time: 1462525363
Timeout : 7200 (sec)
Verify return code: 0 (ok)
--
Cordialement,

François PIRES
SysAdmin
Josealf.rm
2016-05-06 10:30:50 UTC
Maybe Debian removed support for SSLv3 in it's OpenSSL libraries. This protocol is now obsolete and should not be used.
Is that is the case, you will need to compile your own OpenSSL with SSLv3 enabled.

Anyway, you should ask in a Debian forum.

Regards,
Jose